Nesco American Harvest FD-61WHC Snackmaster Express Food Dehydrator Review
The FD-61WHC from Nesco has a top mounted fan and heat element, and this makes it a vertical-flow machine. However, the Converga-flow system ensures that the heat is distributed fast and evenly so that your foods can dehydrate within a short time. It also has an Adjustable Thermostat that lets you control the temperature better. The other things that make this machine stand out include the Vita-Save exterior that blocks out harmful light and the fact that everything except the power head is dishwasher friendly for easy cleaning.
Features and Specifications
- Power: The heat element and fan are top mounted, and this makes it a vertical-flow machine.
- Adjustable Thermostat: FD-61 has an adjustable thermostat that lets you vary the temperature between 95 and 155 degrees.
- Vita-Save Exterior: Vita-Save is one of the most important things in this device, and it helps to prevent any harmful light from destroying the nutrients in your food.
- Trays: It comes with five top-notch plastic shelves, but it is expandable to a total of 12 to give you a huge drying space for your foods.
- Converga-Flow: This system forces the air down the pressure chamber and also across the trays to ensure that you foods dehydrate fast and evenly.
- Dishwasher Safe: Everything in this machine is dishwasher safe except the power head, and this makes cleaning the machine very easy.
- Extras: When you buy this device you also get other things such as a jerky gun, a screen for drying herbs and any other sticky fruits and also a recipe book to get you started.
- Dimensions and Weight: The dimensions of this machine are 13 x 11 x 13 inches, and it weighs only 9 pounds.
You can never go wrong with a Nesco machine as this is a brand that you can trust since it has been tested for many years. And so even before you buy the FD-61WHC you can almost be certain that is a best food dehydrator. It is a very powerful machine, and so it will dry your foods faster than most others in the same category. The FD-61WHC also has a few flaws like the inability to dry very dense foods such as turkey. However, you will not find anything better than it at that price range. And so it is worth buying is you are looking for a quality machine that will always do the job and do it right without taking too much time.